Workplay Ventures is a single-family office serving one of the tech industry’s most prominent entrepreneurs, Mark Pincus, founder of Zynga. We are looking to bring on an investment analyst to help support investment, incubation, and administrative activities within the family office.
OPEN POSITION: Investment Analyst
The Investment Analyst will play a central role in sourcing and researching new opportunities, assist in due diligence, support current portfolio companies and other family office back office administrative activities.
- Grow our network, source, and identify investment opportunities in sectors including early stage venture capital, growth capital, commercial real estate, private equity, hedge funds and funds-of-funds, and crypto-assets
- Build relationships with current and up-and-coming founders and operators and manage relationships with current portfolio companies and managers
- Track progress of early stage companies, identify, and form relationships with potential future founders, monitor fundraising and status of current portfolio companies
- Conduct market mapping and due diligence on potential investments across various asset classes and industries, evaluating risks and opportunities
- anages investment tracking and reporting of legacy investments (capital calls, redemptions, distributions, signatures) and works with the investment and legal team to support new investment activities
- Provides internal tracking and guidance to budgeting, liquidity analysis, and cashflow forecasts to help guide decision-making for investment management and incubation efforts
- Develops an internal accounting system to track various sources of income from real-estate, investment distributions, and others
- Support other family office activities and related operations that arise
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of work experience and interest in venture capital, technology, investment banking, or consulting.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills required
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Solid understanding of payroll management and accounting software
- Proven thoughtful, collaborative and goal-oriented leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Liquidity analysis
- Investment performance tracking and analysis
- Tracking capitals calls and redemptions
- Funding new investments (cash balance confirmation) and subscription agreement paperwork review
- Distribution tracking and notification
- Cash balance reporting and management
- Tracking K-1s and tax information from partnership investments
If interested, please apply here.