Valia Ventures is a global venture capital firm providing seed and growth capital to enterprise and consumer companies. Areas of focus include fintech, edtech, consumer, marketplaces, enterprise software, and healthcare.
The Analyst will be responsible for engaging in a variety of investment-related activities including evaluating investment opportunities and performing deep dives into new topic areas. The Analyst will be involved in various aspects of the firm’s daily business, including supporting our existing portfolio companies and fund administration. The candidate will be joining a tight-knit, hard-working, and active investments team. Start date is as soon as possible and applications are due by May 1st.
– Perform financial, technical, market, and competitive landscape diligence
– Plan and conduct market research, customer calls, and expert interviews
– Collaborate with the Investment Team to scope new investment areas
– Execute deep dives by planning and conducting market research, analyzing industry sources of data, attending
conferences/events, and engaging topical experts
– Communicate findings and conclusions to other members of the investment team via written and verbal reports
– Support existing portfolio companies and fund administration
– Perform ad hoc financial and operational analyses for Portfolio Company CEOs and C-Suite
– Content creation for Valia-hosted events, speaking engagements, and other brand-building activities
– Manage fund reporting and relationship databases
Qualifications and Skills:
– Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship or start-ups
– Deep intellectual curiosity and very strong work ethic
– Awareness, interest, and appreciation for different cultures
– Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills
– Solid understanding of financial statements and ability to build financial models
– Technical and/or scientific aptitude
– Ability to work independently and excel in an unstructured environment, while being a very strong team player
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Strong preference for relevant work experience
To learn more or apply, please send your resume and include 2-3 paragraphs describing an early stage startup that excites you and why. Apply using this link – https://tinyurl.com/analystvalia, and email email@example.com with any questions.