Founded in 2018, Tribe Capital is a venture capital firm with over $1B in assets under management focused on building products that recognize and amplify startups’ product-market fit. We are pioneers at developing innovative quantitative approaches to early-stage investing and are innovating on the structure of venture capital itself. We utilize these capabilities to partner with great entrepreneurs building the next wave of generation defining companies. We are generalist investors seeking out opportunity across geographies, sectors, and stages.
Our team comes from varied backgrounds as entrepreneurs, investors, and technologists, and we actively embrace diverse perspectives in our investment process. We believe that successful investing means every team member having a voice. The common themes among everyone at Tribe are an entrepreneurial streak, an unrelenting passion for investigation and learning, and an ability to thrive in ambiguity. We are looking for others who share in these values as we continue to grow the team.
Tribe Capital is seeking a full-time Investment Analyst to evaluate, engage and identify early stage startups. In this role, you will work closely with Tribe’s Investment and Data Science teams and produce insights and investment recommendations by:
- Evaluating early stage businesses by combining our technology with broad thinking to develop bottoms up views of product-market fit
- Representing Tribe’s brand and interacting with founders and world-class management teams
- Conducting financial and business due-diligence to complement quantitative findings
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for investing in and working alongside great startups
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience handling and analyzing data in Excel, Python, or a similar environment
- 0-2 years of experience in areas such as product management, business, investing or at an early-stage startup
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in Python (e.g. pandas, matplotlib, plotly) or SQL
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume and written responses to the two questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why are you interested in the investment analyst role at Tribe? (150 words max)
- What industry/theme for technology investment over the coming 5 years are you most excited about, and why? (150 words max)
The expected start date for the role would be in March 2022. Conditions permitting, the role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.