The SVB Capital Analyst works within the SVB Capital equity investment platform. The Analyst focuses efforts on the quantitative and analytical components of investment due diligence, related to current products Fund Investing and/or Direct Investing. Analysts are expected to execute on and support the SVB Capital investment strategy through due diligence and portfolio monitoring across the portfolio. Over time the Analyst will have the opportunity to take ownership of tasks and deliverables and will work in conjunction with Associates and Senior Associates on more complex and strategic projects.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative company and/or fund diligence.
- Create company and/or fund meeting prep materials.
- Support the creation of investment memos and analysis for various meeting materials.
- Surface data and analytical insights to the team.
- Key contributor to Projections analysis.
- Create and present market map research of relevant sectors, regions, and firms.
- Tackle ad hoc projects and tasks that support investment decision-making.
- Support SVB Capital strategic initiatives in an analytical capacity, including contributions to Investor Relations/Fundraising efforts.
- Attend GP, LP, and company meetings alongside other team members.
- Periodically helps facilitate quarterly investment collaboration meetings with commercial banking partners, specifically, makes decisions about companies to highlight in these meetings based on prior parameters outlaid.
- Consistently uses judgment and independent discretion to source investment opportunities independently and to make recommendations in direct pipeline meetings with the broader investment team.
- 0-2 years of experience in relevant fields including venture capital, technology, investment consulting, investment management, and investment banking.
- Undergraduate degree. Preferred majors include the following Economics, Engineering, Exact Sciences, Computer science, Finance, Business, and Entrepreneurship.
- Analytical orientation with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including comfort with advanced functions, and advanced PowerPoint experience.
- Passion for venture capital, technology, and entrepreneurship.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Eager to learn and develop skill set.
IF interested, please apply here.