ABOUT STAT ZERO VENTURES
Stat Zero Ventures is the corporate venture capital arm of Stat Zero. Stat Zero is a digital platform that enables accredited investors to co-invest with governments into technology ventures moving the world towards zero disease, zero pollution, zero poverty, zero illiteracy, and zero inequality. Stat Zero Ventures sources, selects, and invests capital into emerging technology ventures for a better world.
Stat Zero Venture’s Investor Network and training program is Club Zero. The purpose of Club Zero is to support the next generation of angels, emerging fund managers, and venture capitalists. We believe in equal access to investing knowledge support equity in the investing profession. We achieve this objective by elevating competitive impact investments, enabling our network to invest with our fund, and share knowledge on professional investing.
We invest $100–300K in approximately 20 pre-seed or seed stage startups per year and $1–5M in approximately 5 seed or post-seed stage startups per year — a total target of 25 investments per year in new startups.
For more information on Stat Zero Ventures visit: https://www.statzero.io/ventures
The successful candidate will be responsible for serving as a venture capital professional supporting the operations of the investment team and investor network from sourcing through deployment of capital.
- Undertake guided and independent research to identify new markets and industry sectors
- Conduct in-depth business analysis to identify new competitive opportunities
- Outreach and screen new, relevant, and exciting startups for investment purposes
- Manage/document meetings with entrepreneurs and general deal flow
- Represent Stat Zero at industry events/conferences and support the local entrepreneurial community through active involvement
- Develop investment thesis, support/lead investment deal process from origination to execution, provide ongoing investment monitoring and reporting
- Generate investment memos and present to investment committee by performing due diligence on team, market, product/technology, business model, risk factors, etc.
- Evaluate potential investments in early stage companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Support administration of the investor network including management of deal flow database, manage partners meetings, coordinate partner meetings, and follow-up with startups in review
- Instruct, guide, and support Fellowship Program and Club Zero activities
- Mentor start-ups on taking product to market, raising money, scaling, and other ad hoc business needs
- Provide production/content support for events and management sessions
- 1–3 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to: technology / startups (preferably in product management / engineering), investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots and analysis)
- A demonstrated interest in the technology and startup community
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with incomplete data
- Knowledge of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
Fill out this application form here. We will get back to you within the next few weeks. We will provide a short case activity for those that make it to the next round. Those that have successfully completed the activity will be invited for an interview. We expect the process to be finished by the end of October or early November, and candidates should be available to start work soon thereafter.
Stat Zero is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If interested, please apply here.