Riaz Capital is an Oakland, California based fully integrated development, investment, and asset management company, focused on addressing the changing housing needs of the millennial generation. Our mission is that anyone who earns area median income can afford a place they would love to call home by building transit-oriented high-quality apartments at an affordable price point for our residents.
Our vertically integrated development firm has operated in the Bay Area since 1977, which has led to the development of market knowledge, civic relationships, and a clear understanding of how to build high quality housing efficiently. Today, the Riaz Capital team manages over 1,500 units and has roughly 1,700 residences in the development or construction process, and possesses core competencies in development, construction, property management, finance & capital markets to exercise control and speed of execution through every stage of the development cycle. In addition to new construction development, the firm has extensive experience in repositioning both urban and suburban workforce housing properties, and has executed several adaptive reuse projects. Our current activities are ~60% new construction and ~40% adaptive reuse and repositioning.
Our core new construction design is a 300 +/- square foot studio that incorporates all of the necessary functions of a housing unit with space to sleep, go to the bathroom, prepare food, entertain guests, hangout, work and store belongings. We have begun the deployment of these studios in three primary building types: Townhouses (3-story walk up), Mid-Rise Apartments (5-stories with elevator) and Hospitality Conversions (garden-style walk up). These studios are the result of a years-long synthesis of our experience from micro-units, student housing, traditional multi-family, and co-living. Our studios foster total privacy and security, which provides our residents with a sense of independence (and individuality) all within the fabric of a larger community. Each of our projects has an emphasis on architectural creativity, walkability, interior landscaping and privacy.
We are seeking highly motivated, forward thinking professionals to join our team in solving this important housing problem and have the opportunity to enter the company on the precipice of significant growth.
You possess extraordinary analytical and organizational skills. You are logical, detail oriented, and accurate in everything you do as you focus on producing tangible results. You love spreadsheets like Shakespeare loved sonnets! In fact, your mastery with spreadsheets can only be described as stunning. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love challenges.
The Analyst must demonstrate analytical skills with accuracy and adherence to high standards. You must have exceptional ability to interpret, analyze, and explain financial information. You possess incredible business writing skills, which will be pivotal in helping Senior Staff, Directors and Principals execute their financing, disposition, and acquisition priorities. Excitingly, you will be exposed to all critical elements of the company that the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Senior Staff deal with an on day-to-day basis, and be the right hand to the Associate responsible for all of these areas! Advanced computer skills in analytical programs and word processing are required as well as being comfortable working effectively in a data-driven environment. Looking for a candidate who wants to grow with our company. If this sounds like you, come join our team!
Investment Team Analyst Role:
At Riaz Capital, the Investment and Asset Management team is responsible for financial performance of all assets, debt markets, investor relations, and acquisitions, dispositions, and financing for the majority of all holdings. The Analyst position is an ideal opportunity for a real estate/finance/or accounting entry level professional to work closely with our Chief Investment Officer, and our Investment and asset management team, on over $400M in projects to obtain significant multifamily real estate experience at a fast-growing real estate investment company. This position is essential to assist the CIO, and his right-hand associate, with the overall performance of the investment team function of the company. The position will give the Analyst to exposure of all critical elements of the company that the CIO deals with on a day to day basis, which is an second step into a career in real estate.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Play an integral role in the legacy asset dispositions, acquisitions, and financings. The role will be to work closely with the Associate and be responsible in time for all escrows, broker communications, and needs to third parties and will also be the integral oar in each transaction the CIO is accountable for.
- Responsible for supporting Associate on all financings and plays the leading role from A-Z, with minimal guidance from CIO. This includes creating the initial lender decks, pitching the lenders on the deal through preparing the lender needs, coordinating the appraisal, through closing escrow and on-boarding the new loan with the operations team.
- Responsible with support from the Associate on disposition activities which includes prep for sale, underwriting of disposition, and coordination of the entire transaction. This also requires coordination with our attorneys, brokers, and escrow officers.
- Support asset management activities at direction of associate with financial reviews, investor reporting, financing reporting, updating systems, quarterly market surveys, assuring property management and project managers are hitting objectives for the assets, insurance and loan compliance, and other misc. tasks as needed
- Assist with internal term communications as well as external investor, lender, broker, vendor, and other third-party communications.
- Support CIO with anything he needs support on which could range from taking calls with Brokers, lenders or Investors, responding to investors, following up with various team members of the asset management, accounting, property management, construction, and development teams.
The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. This candidate should be extremely motivated to improve their understanding of all aspects of the real estate investment field, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent communication, analytical, decision-making and follow-up skills are required.
· 2+ years of experience of experience in Commercial Real Estate, Capital Markets, Banking, Public Accounting, or related field.
· BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate, or related field
· Team player who can prioritize varied tasks from different managers
· Driven to learn and willing to do whatever is necessary to succeed
· Intrinsically motivated to learn and grow and takes full ownership of their responsibilities
· Ability to handle a fast past chaotic environment
· Excellent Business Writing skills
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office Including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Deadline and detail-oriented
· Demonstrates an understanding of the urgent nature of our business and the need to proactively find and fix problems quickly and effectively takes ownership and follows through on decisions; doesn’t minimize or forget about problems
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with your application.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Oakland Office
If interested, please apply here.