Plug and Play is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world. Our vision is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Analyst to support Plug and Play’s Investment team under our Insurtech vertical. An ideal candidate has a keen interest in Venture Capital, a curiosity and excitement about the Insurtech space, and is able to bring tenacity and energy to a fast paced, high-growth environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Ventures Associates with sourcing, outreach, and screening of new and relevant startups for investments and business development with our corporate partners
- Assist with the biannual sourcing of companies for business development (accelerator) programs
- Independently develop an outreach strategy as well as identify relevant events and leads
- Support the investment process from origination to execution for new and pro rata opportunities
- Assist with portfolio support, strategy, and sections of the Investment Memorandum to ultimately present to an internal investment committee
- Provide account management support on engagements with PnP corporate partners
- Interface with our corporate partners to solve for specific tech interests and pain points
- Provide event production and logistical support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/advanced degree is a plu
- 2+ years of marketing, community management or other relevant work experience at a startup, accelerator, or venture fund
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and a proficiency in public speaking
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A passion for entrepreneurship is a must and startup experience a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Opportunities to meet incredible entrepreneurs and industry leaders from around the world
- On-site cafeteria with meal cards
- Cell phone subsidy and fitness membership
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
If interested, please apply here.