WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Analyst to support Plug and Play’s Investment team under our Insurtech vertical. An ideal candidate has a keen interest in Venture Capital, a curiosity and excitement about the Insurtech space, and is able to bring tenacity and energy to a fast paced, high-growth environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with team of Analysts and Associates in Plug & Play’s Verticals to investigate finances, business models, and technologies of start-up companies. Examine the market and funding environments of these companies.
- Based on findings from investigations, source high quality new investment opportunities that fit our investment criteria.
- Based on the investigations, evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, analyze financial data, and perform business and investment valuation. Perform analyses of Investment Instruments and Startups’ financial profiles.
- Perform deal analysis and recommendations for follow-on investments in existing portfolio companies.
- Conduct due diligence process, by drafting Investment Memos and Due Diligence Reports.
- Review and screen entrepreneurs’ pitch decks, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, conduct due diligence with the support of the investment and legal staff.
- Understand and assist in the full investment life-cycle from due diligence, close process, pre and post funding support to follow-on funding.
- Support portfolio companies on various management, business development, strategy and funding issues.
- Support Ventures Associates with sourcing, outreach, and screening of new and relevant startups for investments and business development with our corporate partners
- Assist with the biannual sourcing of companies for business development (accelerator) programs
- Independently develop an outreach strategy as well as identify relevant events and leads
- Support the investment process from origination to execution for new and pro rata opportunities
- Assist with portfolio support, strategy, and sections of the Investment Memorandum to ultimately present to an internal investment committee
- Provide account management support on engagements with PnP corporate partners
- Interface with our corporate partners to solve for specific tech interests and pain points
- Provide event production and logistical support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years of marketing, community management or other relevant work experience at a startup, accelerator, or venture fund
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and a proficiency in public speaking
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A passion for entrepreneurship is a must and startup experience a plus
If interested, please apply here.