We are NFX, a seed & series A venture fund based in San Francisco’s SOMA/Financial District (close to Montgomery BART). Our team has collectively started 10 technology companies, so we deeply believe in the power of transformative ideas. Now we’re building the VC firm we wish existed when we were Founders. A VC firm that runs like a software company.
Venture capital is a “people business”, but we’re certain that software will radically change how innovation is funded and supported in the next 10 years. The Product team builds NFX’s internal deal review software. As an Analyst on the Product team, you will be on the front lines of the deal review and evaluation process, reinventing how VCs make decisions with software, and helping Founders successfully fundraise. This position is on the Product team, not the Investment team.
As a member of the Product team, you’ll get full access to NFX content, events, conferences just like our Founders. You’ll meet some of the most successful people in the startup world and get exposed to the best startup ideas and tactics. And of course, if you ever want to start your own company, you will learn a lot about that from working at NFX.
This is a unique opportunity to innovate how investment decisions are made and to gain unparalleled exposure to how venture capital works from the inside.
Who are you?
You have excellent written and verbal communication. Your writing is clear and concise. You convey ideas in a structured format, always using data to support your arguments, and are able to understand and tailor your communication to different stakeholders.
You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You write SQL queries to increase velocity on the team and don’t depend on engineers.
You have incredible attention to detail. You have an eye for the smallest discrepancies and take note of all of the facts when arriving at a conclusion.
Learning makes you happy. You approach life with a beginner’s mind and with deep curiosity. You are constantly interested in improving your skills, learning from your team, and community. Inside and outside of work, you ask for feedback continuously, listen intently, and are constantly iterating.
The nitty-gritty stuff that you probably have on your LinkedIn but doesn’t define who you are:
- Track record of completing data analysis with your favorite spreadsheet tool (Excel, Google Sheets, etc) and writing SQL queries.
- Degree most likely in math, statistics, economics, business, or data science.
- Based in the Bay Area or looking to be in the Bay Area. This is not a remote role.
We will not be a good *fit* for you if:
- You are looking for an investment track role.
- You don’t like wearing many hats. We’re a small, nimble team and everyone pitches in to make our team successful.
This role WILL be a good fit for you if:
- You are applying to work or are currently working at a software startup.
- This is your first post-grad job, but 1-3 years of work experience is ideal.
- You have an interest in the startup and VC ecosystems.
- Prior VC experience is not a prerequisite to be successful in this role.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you’ll do in a typical week:
- Assist in the evaluation and decision-making of incoming deals.
- Collaborate with Founders to be pitch-ready for the NFX investment team.
- Research the competitive landscape of business verticals.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and designers of the Product team to build tools that drive efficiencies in the deal review process.
Come to us, oh glorious person
- Your LinkedIn or resume
- A note on what interests you about being on the team, and why you should be the next NFX member on the Product team.
NFX is a collaborative and close-knit team and we’re taken care of. You should expect:
- Competitive comp
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off
- Generous maternity/paternity leave policies
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Paid commuter benefits
- Educational credit
- Life and supplemental life insurance
- Short-term and long term disability
- A team of high-caliber, principled, and fun people
- An atypical venture culture led by tech founders not financiers
- A vibrant and modern office right in the heart of the Financial District (5m walk to Montgomery BART and across the street from Salesforce Transit Center)
If interested, please apply here.