Next Play Capital is a venture capital investment platform designed to provide access to top tier venture funds and to the fastest growing tech startups in the world.
Next Play Capital takes a boutique approach to providing Limited Partner with education and best-in-class service. Next Play was founded in 2014 and recently completed the close of its second fund.
As a core member of our tight-knit investment team, you will take part in the full spectrum of venture capital investing, including but not limited to:
· Assisting with the sourcing and evaluation of potential venture funds, expansion stage start-up and secondary investment opportunities, and making recommendations to the Partnership
· Monitoring a sub-set of the existing fund and company portfolios, reporting to the investment team on progress and projections, and preparing quarterly reports for our investors
· Performing industry research and analysis on both a broad scale industry and individual company basis
· Working with the Investment Partner in preparing Investment Memos, attending Annual meetings and visiting potential portfolio companies and funds.
· Participating in the planning and execution of the Firm’s Annual Meeting and Events
Your initiative to dive in and help the entire partnership learn about new industries, funds, companies, etc. will be welcomed. and encouraged.
· 2-5 years working in venture capital, private equity, investment banking or similar industry preferred,
· Experience working with/for a family office or endowment preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
· A true passion for the venture capital industry
· A willingness to support all areas of our business, including our fund and direct investment strategies, both on a primary and secondary basis
· Hard working self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who excels with little direction
· People-first, with a personable and humble demeanor interested in supporting others
· Hungry to learn new things, and driven to turn over the rocks within the industry to identify great investment opportunities
· An executive presence with confidence and strong verbal and written skills.
· Growth mindset and ability to to be forward thinking.
· Proficiency with Excel / Powerpoint / Pitchbook preferred
· Familiarity with CRM solutions
If interested, please apply here.