Join us on our mission to help essential professionals build financial security near the communities they serve. Today, Landed works with employees from K-12 schools, colleges, and universities in places like San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Hawaiʻi. Landed supports educators on the path to homeownership by providing a personalized team that includes a partner agent and a Landed homebuying expert. We help families navigate all of their financing options for buying a home, including our own shared equity down payment program.
Landed’s unique down payment program is offered through Landed’s investment management company, which manages capital on behalf of family offices and institutional impact investors. Landed’s investment products are designed to provide investors with attractive risk-adjusted returns, positive social impact, and differentiated exposure.
Landed’s down payment program is financially supported by organizations like the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, the Zoma Foundation, and others. Recent press coverage of our work can be found in The New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and The Wall Street Journal. You can learn more about us at http://www.landed.com.
Our team has four core values that guide all of our decisions:
Act with humility.
Find what’s fair.
Prioritize the human.
Own your growth.
About The Role
As an Investment Analyst at Landed you will be a part of building a new investment asset class that not only earns attractive risk adjusted returns but also positively impacts your community. You will help define the investment product’s risk and return profile and provide guidance to company leaders. You will initially report to the co-founder and Head of Finance. As Landed grows its investment management division and its capital under management, we are looking for an experienced investment analyst to help us achieve the next level of quantitative rigor and analysis. This role is designed for a great investment analyst that is searching for meaning in their work.
From day one, you will…
- Build financial models to monitor and benchmark financial performance of Landed’s investments.
- Create portfolio projections and simulations.
- Develop dashboards to monitor real estate portfolio composition.
- Conduct research into investment performance, benchmarking, portfolio construction and create presentations on various topics related to Landed’s investment products.
- Help prepare monthly and quarterly reports and letters to investors.
- Build risk frameworks for real estate investments by developing and testing impacts of portfolio composition, home location, property features, and homebuyer profiles.
- Provide market insights to the team.
You’re an ideal candidate if…
- You have 3+ years of experience utilizing quantitative portfolio management techniques to manage investment models, rebalance portfolios, or optimization investment strategies. Exposure to quantitative valuation techniques is a plus.
- You have experience with SQL and Python/R.
- Graduate studies in maths, statistics, economics, finance or a related field of study.
- CQF, CFA or FRM or progress towards either designation.
Here Are Some More Specifics
- This is a full-time, exempt role based in San Francisco.
- The salary range for this role is $80,000-$120,000.
- Competitive equity ownership at a high-profile, Series A start-up.
- Our benefits are top-notch. We offer full health & wellness benefits, including a wealth of other benefits to support your professional growth (example: an annual $10,000 personal/professional development budget). We also encourage and accommodate schedules that take into consideration the diversity of responsibilities and goals our teammates have outside of the office.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that reflects our values and our work. We are excited about all qualified applicants, and we want to be sure women, people of color, those who are economically disadvantaged, and gender diverse individuals feel encouraged to apply.
If interested, please apply here.