Note: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and
responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Position: Investment Analyst or Associate
Company: Kilonova Capital
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Kilonova Capital (KC) is a San Francisco based special situations investment firm that buys, builds, and invests in private technology companies. KC provides structured, disciplined capital and invests across both the life-cycle and capital structure of a company. KC has a particular focus on non-conforming investment opportunities including recapitalizations, divestitures, platform build-outs and other special situations. KC structures its investments to align interests of shareholders and management and provides value added capital and resources to operate and scale companies efficiently and effectively.
Kilonova Capital’s General Partners are comprised of entrepreners and instituitional investors who have started many technology companies and have completed over $200 billion in technology transactions. They have built platforms at institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, William Blair, Energy Impact Partners, and Mobility Impact Partners.
KC invests across core technology sectors such as software, internet & digital media, eCommerce, data & analytics, fintech and frontier technology, deploying $25-150mm checks over the life of a single investment.
We value diversity in an individual’s background and experience at Kilonova Capital and believe it is critical to our success. The Principals of Kilonova Capital are self-aware and self-reflective investment professionals and operating executives and feel that we will only be as good as the team around us. To this end, we will prioritize those individuals with different experiences, backgrounds, and skillsets above all others. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and other status.
The Associate will be a part of the investment team at KC and will report to the general partnership. In this role, the Associate will assist in all aspects of the investment process, including sourcing, evaluating, and underwriting investment opportunities.
- Perform due diligence on potential investments
- Research market trends and dynamics
- Develop investment committee memorandums
- Develop financial models
- Ongoing portfolio support and administration, including maintaining the Kilonova Capital fund model
- Help with firm-wide operational activities, events and presentations
- Build and cultivate diverse, long lasting relationships.
- Attend investor conferences, trade shows, and other events to stay ahead of the market and ensure continued deal flow.
- Source and screen prospective investments
- Review business plans
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of competing and complementary companies within the portfolio.
- At least one years of Analyst experience in buy-side or sell-side investment banking advisory role
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Expert in Excel modeling and Powerpoint
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Experience or interest in working with technology companies
- Passion for growth stage technology companies
- Positive attitude, team player, open-minded and absolutely not ego-driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to gather, learn, and synthesize and effectively present or communicate (verbal/written) complex information
- High IQ, EQ & personal drive/determination
- Commitment to being a hardworking, positive, and fun team-player who is both humble and also has the presence and confidence to lead deals.
- High level of ethical standards and integrity
- Motivated to fit well in a dynamic and collaborative culture
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred. History of strong academic performance in a relevant field (Finance, economics, engineering).
Kilonova Capital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is
decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.