Role: Venture/Innovation Analyst Intern
Short Description: The Venture Analyst Internship is an exciting entrepreneurial opportunity within a leading innovation hub in the heart of San Francisco. The successful candidate for this role will identify emerging technology startups of high partnership potential for Runway’s corporate innovation partners. The role also includes creating industry trends and research reports in Runway’s tech focus areas. This position is ideal for individuals interested in pursuing a career in innovation consulting, strategy, venture capital, or entrepreneurship.
Team: Join a tight-knit, fast-moving team passionate about growing San Francisco’s innovation ecosystem. We are committed to fostering a strong community, supporting our startup teams by connecting them to experts and mentors, and helping our corporate clients drive growth by engaging with emerging startups.
The mission of the Corporate Innovation Strategy (CIS) team is to identify startups that demonstrate strong potential for creating significant long-term value that aligns with our clients’ innovation objectives. The team explores a variety of technology opportunities, examines market trends in our clients’ core technology and industry focus areas, and makes recommendations to Fortune 2000 executives for startup partnership and investment in support of our corporate clients’ needs.
– Scout and screen emerging startups based on corporate clients’ specific parameters, innovation objectives, and investment criteria
– Create weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly startup profiles and reports for clients
– Analyze technology, industry, and market trends and synthesize information for bi-weekly industry reports
– Support the Runway team in presentations to senior client leadership
The Right Fit:
– Comfortable with extreme amounts of ambiguity
– Fast and agile learner – constantly reading and absorbing new information
– Strives for excellence yet realizes that “done is better than perfect”
– Understands that having fun and being professional are not mutually exclusive
– Entrepreneurial drive and spirit
– Loves research and creating presentation decks
– Team player
– Naturally strategic – can see both the big picture and the small details
– **Knowledge of startup principles (lean canvas, MVP, etc.)**
– Excellent organizational, people, and critical thinking skills
– Strategy/research experience (professional, internship, or school project)
– Love of emerging technologies (AI, Robotics, Fintech, IoT, AR/VR, etc.)
– Ability to create concise and compelling presentations
– Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
– Understanding of corporate business practices, organizational design, etc.
– Fully fluent in professional and conversational English
– Proficient in Google Drive
– Previous venture, innovation strategy, or consulting experience
– Fluent in Japanese
– Advanced knowledge of AI, Robotics, Blockchain, Autonomous Vehicles, FinTech, IoT, or AR/VR
If interested, please apply here.