Honda Innovations is currently seeking a Junior Analyst to assist the Honda Xcelerator team with identifying and evaluating innovations that can be impactful to Honda next-gen products and future business as well as support sourcing and analysis of startup companies developing innovations that have the potential to transform Honda’s products, business, and processes. The analyst will be part of a small close-knit team operating Honda Xcelerator, an open innovation program designed to facilitate partnerships between early stage startups and Honda business units globally.
- Conduct market research for relevant markets and technologies
- Competitive analysis and evaluation of startup companies
- Identify possible areas of collaboration between Honda and selected companies
- Manage and track deal flow process and progress
- Administrative and programmatic support for internal initiatives and external outreach activities
- BS in Science/Engineering, or Business degree highly desirable, as well as 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in automotive innovation, venture capital, automotive R&D, or a related startup is a plus.
- Solid understanding of advanced technology, startup ecosystems, and the venture community.
- Creative and passionate about leveraging new technologies to create new experiences, improving human mobility and bringing joy to customers.
- Proactive with an ability to adapt to dynamic circumstances.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of SPSS.
- Ability to travel and work overtime as required by projects.
- Work experience with a Japanese company and familiarity with the auto industry is a plus.
Qualifying candidates should be well organized, possess strong analytical skills, and comfortable presenting his/her findings and analysis at internal briefings. A strong passion for transportation, startups, and venture capital is also required.
This is a contract role with an initial duration of 1-year. Contracts may be renewed or converted to permanent positions based on performance and business need.
If interested, please apply here.