- Assist the team with identifying and evaluating innovations that can be impactful to next-gen products and future business as well as support sourcing and analysis of startup companies developing innovations that have the potential to transform products, business, and processes.
- The analyst will be part of a small close-knit team operating an open innovation program designed to facilitate partnerships between early stage startups and business units globally.
- This role will be responsible to conduct market research for relevant markets and technologies, as well as providing administrative and programmatic support.
- Candidate will provide information gathering in predefined target areas, performing competitive analyses and evaluations of startup companies, and identifying possible areas of collaboration between selected companies.
- Responsible for managing and tracking the deal flow process and progress and providing administrative support for internal initiatives and external outreach activities.
Qualifying candidates should be well organized, possess strong analytical skills, and comfortable presenting their findings and analysis at internal briefings. A strong passion for transportation, startups, and venture capital is also required. Strong communication, attention-to-detail, organizational, interpersonal skills necessary.
- BS in Science/Engineering, or Business degree highly desirable, as well as 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in automotive innovation, venture capital, automotive R&D, or a related startup is a plus.
- Solid understanding of advanced technology, startup ecosystems, and the venture community.
- Creative and passionate about leveraging new technologies to create new experiences, improving human mobility and bringing joy to customers.
- Proactive with an ability to adapt to dynamic circumstances.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of SPSS.
- Ability to travel and work overtime as required by projects.
- Work experience with a Japanese company and familiarity with the auto industry is a plus.