G2VP seeks an analyst to help manage sourcing of investment opportunities within markets of potential interest, work with portfolio companies and contribute to fund operations. We invest in exceptional teams applying new technologies to traditional industries, sustainably. We focus on innovation that has application in industries that make up more than half of the global economy, such as transportation, energy, manufacturing, agriculture, and logistics. Our investment stages range from venture to growth.
G2VP is led by four partners (Ben Kortlang, Brook Porter, David Mount, Daniel Oros) who have worked together for the last ten years as partners at KPCB’s $1B Green Growth Fund. We’re a small, flat team with a culture that encourages independent thinking, primary research, self-direction and a meritocracy of ideas.
Your time will be split between:
- Sourcing efforts – handling sourcing pipeline, managing our CRM and related analytics and developing investment themes
- Deal execution – building financial models and market growth forecasts, conducting primary diligence, developing investment memorandums
- Portfolio management – assisting in quarterly tracking efforts for existing portfolio, assisting portfolio companies on special projects as relevant
- Fund operations – assisting in Limited Partner reporting, events and visits, assisting in ad-hoc fund operations
What we are looking for in you:
- Interest in managing and developing best-in-class sourcing and CRM database
- Work/internship experience at an investment bank, consulting firm or corporate strategy role requiring critical analysis of business models and financial statements is preferred
- Excellent analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter with strong commercial instinct
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in developing a robust network in target markets
This is a full-time job starting either immediately or summer of 2019. Expectation of 2-4 years in this role.
To express interest in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis. In your cover letter, please indicate emerging technology areas of interest, and potential areas within the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics or other markets that you believe represent the largest potential opportunities for new investments (as specific as possible). Please also include any experience related to independent market research.