When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Thematic Investing (TI) group within Active Equities is responsible for generating excess return by making long-horizon thematically driven investments that span sectors and geographies. TI attempts to identify sources of structural growth, understand the potential investment implications and then build exposure by investing in public and private companies that benefit from the tailwinds created by structural growth. Top-down thematic research is complemented by bottom-up fundamental analysis to create portfolios that provides CPP Investments’ with exposure to long-term structural trends in a scalable manner.
We are currently recruiting for an Analyst or Associate to help the team conduct top-down research on themes and bottom-up equity analysis to identify investments that are expected to generate excess returns.
The Analyst or Associate will be expected to:
- Conduct research on themes including market sizing over a long horizon (5 – 20 years)
- Develop and maintain new information sources (proprietary and other)
- Research companies with exposure to themes
- Interview external company management teams
- Conduct fundamental research on publicly traded and private companies and the industries in which they compete
- Build financial and other quantitative models, and write research reports and recommendations
- Participate in and contribute to weekly departmental meetings and investment recommendation meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with other investment teams within the CPP Investments
- Travel globally to attend industry conferences, other CPP Investments’ offices and visit companies to conduct due diligence
- Other tasks as required
- 2-4 years of total experience in Investment Banking, private equity, public markets (buyside or sell side), strategy consulting or other relevant experience
- A strong academic record. Engineering or Computer Sciences backgrounds are welcomed
- Strong research, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-starter with creative mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a track record of working effectively with others, both internal and external to the organization
- Interest in new technologies & business models, and the impact of structural changes such as climate change welcome!
- Well-developed time management and organization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Openness to new challenges, ideas, approaches and environments
- Have great communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of external data sources such as Bloomberg an asset
- Conduct in line with our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
We are open to a range of applicants and will set the title and compensation of the role according to experience, talent and ability. In either case, the individual will be given both support and time to grow into the role.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-AF1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
If interested, please apply here.