Convivialité Ventures is the corporate venture arm of Pernod Ricard, the 2nd largest wine & spirits group in the world with a market capitalization of $45B. Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector including: Absolut vodka, Chivas Regal, Jameson Irish whiskey, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, and Mumm and Perrier- Jouët champagnes. Pernod Ricard’s vision is “Créateur de Convivialité” and is animated by a group of 18,000 passionate people. We are committed to our mission: facilitating the pleasure and energy of sharing a great moment or experience together. We call that Conviviality.
At Convivialité Ventures, we look for new products and services that will disrupt the way people socialize and entertain together. In 2017, we created Convivialité Ventures in San Francisco and have since expanded our team to China and Europe. Our mission is to partner and invest in startups providing services and experiences redefining the future of “Conviviality”. Our current portfolio includes companies like Glovo, Zola, Fever, Peerspace, Common, and AvantStay. The Analyst will be a part of the investment team and will work closely with Brandon Yahn, who leads the US investment team, and Stephane Longuet, Managing Director, and global head of Convivialité Ventures. Learn more about our mission at https://www.convivialite-ventures.com/.
The Analyst will be part of the core investment team at Convivialite Ventures. The Analyst will conduct sourcing, due diligence, and analysis of potential Convivialité Ventures investments and support the leadership team in developing investment recommendations. The Analyst will help manage the ongoing influx of potential investment opportunities and build a network to source potential investments. The Analyst must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment and actively contribute to the development of Convivialité Ventures.
- Develop points of view on specific investment platforms. Lead research to develop comprehensive POVs to help drive our investment theses and sourcing efforts.
- Build & maintain market maps. Create sector market maps of key startups and larger companies to assist with diligence & sourcing efforts.
- Assist with comprehensive due diligence. Help discover all the data points we need to feed into our decision-making process, conduct business modeling, and assist with developing investment memos and presentation materials.
- Manage investment pipeline. Help the Deal Team manage the investment pipeline by assisting with inbound requests, systematizing proactive follow-ups, etc.
- Source investing opportunities. Find promising companies to invest in using data, social signals, research, etc. Represent Convivialite Ventures at industry events and conferences.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of post-college experience at a venture capital firm (preferred), management consulting firm, investment bank, or software company
- Prior experience with a VC or growth equity firm a plus but not required
- Superior work ethic, strong desire to learn, uncompromising attention to detail
- A love for technology and/or entrepreneurship
- A passion for understanding consumer trends and social experiences
- Demonstrated analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work on tight deadlines
- Work well with others on a team
- Able to pass a relevant background check
Supervision Received: Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Works closely with Convivialité Ventures’ Principal and Managing Partner on various investment projects.
Please submit your intro email and resume to: email@example.com.