As an Analyst on BMW i Ventures’ (BiV) team, you’re an active member of the investment team, providing the needed insight to drive intelligent decision-making. You are also a representative of the firm and portfolio at meetings with external partners and BMW leaders. By building strong relationships with some of the most successful and respected tech entrepreneurs and leading venture capital firms, you will create long-term value for BiV.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented, thrive with light supervision, be willing to get involved across all aspects of the firm’s operations, including: market research and deal sourcing: initial review and preparation of summary materials for potential new investment opportunities. Perform and present market research “deep dives” on areas of interest to identify trends, key incumbents, and potential investments. Attend conferences and events for networking and sourcing deals.
Due diligence and deal execution:
- Perform thorough and zero-defect market, product, IP, technical, financial, and other due diligence by gathering information from the target company, industry experts, and companies in the same space.
- Work as part of the investment team to develop investment theses in different technology areas.
- Provide detailed financial analysis of potential investments.
- Prepare detailed investment memos supported with comprehensive analysis.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations
- Work with portfolio companies on problem solving and opportunities discovery.
- Work with portfolio companies to build relationships with top executives at BMW and foster collaboration
- 1-2+ years of other relevant work experience (e.g., technology-focused management consulting or investment banking).
- Effective financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Ability to produce “board level” Powerpoint presentations and succinct Word memos.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Passion for technology
If interested, please apply here.