A3Ventures is the innovation lab and capital investment engine of AAA. We’re constantly investing in big ideas and building products that will help our Members and communities navigate the future. We explore the ever-changing landscapes of mobility, home, life management, financial services, and travel & leisure. We incubate original and groundbreaking ideas in our innovation lab and then make strategic investments through our venture capital group.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Gathers and synthesizes industry information from research sources including the Internet, trade publications, industry and equity analyst reports. Performs financial modeling on potential portfolio companies, including comparable transaction and public company analysis. Uses research and financial analysis to draft executive summaries, investment memos and other documents. Researches and develops potential buyer, investor, and other target lists. Manages transaction logistics, including: Updating Dealflow and contact management systems.
Performs primary and secondary market research (e.g. value chain analysis, market sizing, competitive landscapes). Creates robust financial models for early-stage companies under investment consideration. Develops and presents memos that translate complicated analysis into concise and clear narratives that support the investment decision.
Identifies, investigates, analyzes, negotiates and forms third-party strategic alliances to create mutually beneficial business partnerships/arrangements. Under supervision, negotiates terms that maintain the organization’s brand integrity and value while leveraging alliance partners’ resources. Creates and executes partnership terms and collaborates with partners to present a unified solution. Coordinates communications with partners and ensures all deliverables are met according to the partnership agreements.
- Financial Analysis – Demonstrates an understanding of financial statement analysis, the merger & acquisition process, and company valuation techniques (discounted cash flow analysis, public company multiples, transaction multiples)
- Competitive Landscapes- research the key areas for A3 and identify an investment thesis for each area
- Investment Case Development – Develop investment theses, projections, and recommendations for potential A3 investment
- Develop an informed perspective of key sectors. Cultivate your own ecosystem and investing thesis for A3 / AAA
- Diligence and Research – Perform the required primary research to understand whether or not to invest in a given company.
Communication – Ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently. Business managers with good verbal, non verbal and written communication skills help facilitate the sharing of information between people within a company for its commercial benefit. (Intermediate)
Investment Theses Development – Ability to structure, verbally or present a case to justify the need for a particular investment, capturing both quantifiable and unquantifiable characteristics. The business case is required to ideally justify the budget and business resource that is required to support the project. (Intermediate)
Research – Ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed. Identify, scrutinize, improve, and streamline complex work processes through highly analytical thinking and analysis. (Intermediate)
Analysis – Examines data and facts to uncover and understand cause-effect relationships, thus providing basis for problem solving and decision making. (Intermediate)
Due diligence – Measure of prudence, responsibility, and diligence that is expected from, and ordinarily exercised by, a reasonable and prudent person under the circumstances. Ability to act prudently in evaluating associated risks in all transactions. Gathers necessary information on actual or potential risks involved in an investment. Confirms each other’s expectations and understandings, and to independently verify the abilities of the other to fulfill the conditions and requirements of the agreement. (Intermediate)
Networking – Exchanging information, interacting with others to develop contacts. Involves bargaining and negotiation. (Intermediate)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience 2-3 year investment banking analyst preferred
- Exposure to key sectors: mobility, financial services, consumer focused products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Management – Finance Concentration required, preferably from Top-Tier University
- Experience in an investment firm writing investment memos and performing diligence preferred
- Experience working in an investment bank, private equity firm, venture capital fund, or similar role performing financial analysis in support of transactions. preferred
- Exposure to key sectors: mobility, financial services, consumer focused products and services preferred
- 2-4 years related work experience preferred
If interested, please apply here.