San Francisco, CA
137 Ventures is a venture capital firm that invests in growth-stage technology companies primarily by providing structured liquidity to founders, senior executives, early investors, and early employees. Founded in 2011 with over $1 billion in assets under management, we’ve built a portfolio of increasingly dominant companies in areas as diverse as space exploration, freight forwarding, ride-sharing, e-commerce, and human resource management. Our investment partners include a mix of seasoned venture capitalists and experienced entrepreneurs.
We’re looking for an Analyst to join its investment team. The Analyst will be exposed to all aspects of the investment due diligence process, including researching markets and industry trends, performing business and valuation analysis on prospective investments, and meeting with current and prospective portfolio companies.
The Analyst position is intended as a two to three-year role. For exceptional performers, there may be an opportunity to continue employment at 137 Ventures for longer.
• Conducting due diligence and valuation analysis on prospective and current investments
• Preparing various presentation deliverables including investment memos, marketing materials and investor reports
• Meeting with founders and senior executives at current and prospective portfolio companies
• Researching and drafting reports on investment themes and industries of interest
• Monitoring existing investments and preparing quarterly valuation updates
• Helping portfolio companies with operational work on an as needed basis
• Undergraduate degree with track record of academic excellence
• 1 – 3 years of professional experience working in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, investment management, strategy consulting, technology or other relevant fields
• Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with advanced financial modeling skills
• Familiarity with and genuine interest in the technology startup ecosystem
• Excellent business judgment, interpersonal skills and work ethic
• Detail oriented with exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment while also working independently
Please send your resume and a brief note describing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject
line “137 Ventures Analyst”.