At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is looking for a senior investment professional to join the private capital team. The private capital team is responsible for building and maintaining the private capital investment platform (e.g. private equity, venture capital, private debt and private real assets) for the various wealth management segments within USB. Wealth management clients range from the affluent (<$5mm) to the ultra-high-net worth (>$75mm).
- Collaborate with private capital team members to source and evaluate investment opportunities
- Lead due diligence efforts on private capital investments
- Prepare investment thesis, due diligence reports and investment memos to be presented to investment committees
- Develop/maintain relationships with internal portfolio managers, intermediaries and private capital fund general partners
- Work with other units within USB when negotiating with prospective and ongoing platform funds
- Prepare presentation materials for clients and the various USB wealth management segments
- Monitor existing investments
- Provide research and analytical support to the private capital team and for ad-hoc requests
- Track private capital markets to provide guidance and narrative on what is occurring in those markets and how it relates to USB’s investment views
- Participate in client and prospect meetings and provide marketing support to internal portfolio managers
- Assist in mentoring and developing interns and other analysts
- Actively work with financial databases such as FactSet, Pitchbook, Private-I, Preqin, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Charterholder Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) designation or equivalent advance credentials
- Eight or more years of investment and research experience
- Thorough understanding of investment management technical and fundamental analysis
- Advanced knowledge and experience in techniques and quantitative analysis and decision modeling
- Good understanding of the economy and market conditions and the impact on differing investment styles and strategies
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute to a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated PC, advanced Excel and modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please apply here.