Munich Re Ventures invests in and partners with innovative companies to develop growth opportunities for Munich Re, including its subsidiaries Hartford Steam Boiler and ERGO Group. Munich Re is one of the world’s largest reinsurance company, with a global platform spanning all aspects of primary insurance and reinsurance.
Munich Re Ventures is responsible for corporate venture capital activities that deliver both strategic and financial value through minority investments and business partnerships. Our current areas of focus include the Internet of Things, Cyber Security, InsurTech, Autonomous Vehicles/Mobility, AI, Digital Health and more. We are active investors who frequently lead rounds and our syndicate partners include top tier venture capital and corporate venture capital firms.
Internally, the team works hand-in-hand with leaders in the Businesses, Engineering, Product Development, Innovation & IT to develop and execute on investment and partnership strategies. Externally, the team works with venture capital firms, incubators / accelerators, universities, entrepreneurs, and other corporations to develop technologies, companies and management teams that help us to strategically grow and transform the business.
In this position you will support the strategy, partnership/business development, and program management for MunichRe Ventures by developing processes and driving value through investments, business partnerships, and acquisitions. In addition, assist in the development of new business models as well as fortifying existing models with superior data, analytics, and services their own work without step by step instructions.
The Portfolio Development Senior Manager will:
* Oversee (and support business units with) partnership structuring and negotiation between startups and Munich Re business units.
* Work with Munich Re business units and portfolio companies to develop business and project plan.
* Own the business / project planning and program management of strategic engagements with portfolio companies.
* Develop strategic theses at the portfolio and individual investment level.
* Collaborate with portfolio companies to understand and translate their business and product strategy into successful partnerships with Munich Re.
* Facilitate and own strategic workshops with business, helping them partner more effectively with portfolio companies.
* Direct junior staff members on projects.
The Person: Successful Candidate
* 4+ years of experience, including 3 years in management consulting, corporate strategy, or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with performing partner assessments, particularly in emerging markets, early stage companies, or areas where there is unclear or missing information.
* Experience with strategic partnering (e.g., business development, corporate development) and negotiations.
* Exposure to working with venture-backed technology companies.
* Knowledge of partnering types and structures (e.g., Technology Licensing, Service Level Agreements).
* Strong demonstrated business/financial modeling expertise across a variety of methods, business types, and desired outcomes (e.g., sizing a market, developing financial projections, and modeling cash flow & P&L)..
* Ability to perform “deep dive analysis” on highly technical subject areas surrounding technology, analytics, etc.
* Disciplined execution capability with demonstrated ability to develop workplans and facilitate execution across a small team, as well as the determination to find creative solutions in the face of challenges or “no”.
* Ability to be self-sufficient, resonating out logical approaches to solve without step by step instructions.
* Ability to draw conclusions from complex and / or incomplete information.
* Superior oral, written and visual communication skills.
* Superior Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel Skills.
* Superior proactive networking and relationship development skills.
* Proven teamwork skills both as a leader and cross-functional team member.
* Self-motivated with high initiative.
* Willing to travel 25% of the time including internationally.
If interested, please apply here.