Lenovo Research is Lenovo’s core R&D hub with a mission to commercialize groundbreaking technologies for incorporation into Lenovo’s personal computing devices, mobile devices, enterprise solutions, and services. Lenovo Research innovates in the areas of AI, cloud computing, 5G and smart devices to provide user-centric services and next-generation human machine interaction experience for smarter life and work.
This role will have responsibility for identifying new technology innovation and strategic partners working across Lenovo labs and business teams in PC, mobile, data center, software defined infrastructures, artificial intelligence, 5G and smart manufacturing.
Startup Scouting and Project Management:
Champion innovation projects with cross-functional stakeholders across levels. This includes sourcing and evaluating startups of high strategic value to Lenovo’s innovation activities, alignment of internal and external key resources, and active engagement with functional leaders, research strategy, corporate development and venture team.
Manage strategic projects end-to-end. Deliver actionable recommendations; coordinate business units and R&D to successfully deliver impactful Proofs of Concept, prototypes and commercial collaborations.
Formulate in-depth understanding of deep tech areas such as deep learning, big data, blockchain, AR/VR, robotics, smart manufacturing. Identify technology innovation and define new product vision.
Research technological trends leveraging internal and external insights from industry experts, accelerators, investment funds and strategics to formulate strategic implications and recommendations to Lenovo. Lead close communications with Lenovo business units to understand technology requirements, identify opportunities to innovate, and develop investment themes.
Assessment of portfolio gaps to align Lenovo with growth opportunities. Drive analysis on market sizing, business model, competitor landscape and feasibility studies. Deliver high-impact presentations to Senior-level stakeholders to influence action on strategic recommendations.
Networking and Partnership:
Develop network of industry contacts, startup executives, influential academic faculty, technology thought leaders, and investment banking/advisory executives to increase Lenovo’s ability to uncover partnership and investment opportunities.
- BS / BA / MS in Engineering or Science, MBA, excellent academic track record
- Deep knowledge of emerging technologies (AI, AR/VR, blockchain, new materials, robotics, IoT, etc.) with an innate passion and curiosity for technology
- Demonstrated ability to build networks/relationships, especially with technical founders, entrepreneurs and VCs, and to influence key stakeholders on decision making processes
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills with ability to execute on projects
- High level of comfort with ambiguity, strong leadership skills and ability to compose concise and structured presentation materials
- Exceptional skills working in culturally diverse global organization
- Chinese Mandarin skills
- Technical education background with experience in corporate environment
- 5+ years experience in startup sourcing, corporate development, or corporate strategy; experience at top-tier Investment Banking/Consulting/Venture Capital a plus
- Demonstrated ability to self-start and work without supervision
- Active listener and fast learner accustomed to fast paced environment
Location: Santa Clara / San Francisco, CA
To Apply: Please email Ophelia Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org.