The Corporate Development Senior Manager is responsible for leading acquisitions and investments for Cisco as well as guiding the strategy underlying these projects. You will work closely with Cisco product teams in the Collaboration and software business units as well as cross-functional leaders across the company.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Sourcing investment and acquisition opportunities in relevant areas
- Developing market landscapes and overviews of startups and incumbent players and understanding internal initiatives
- Understanding market and technology trends and serve as a good partner to business unit teams
- Analyzing investment and acquisition opportunities and identify key drivers and commercial assumptions
- Financially modeling various structures and expected returns
- Preparing and presenting investment and acquisition cases for review by key stakeholders
- Leading due diligence on investment and acquisition opportunities
- Structuring and negotiating transactions
Who You’ll Work With
As one of the most active corporate venture investment and corporate development teams in the industry, we actively manage a venture investment portfolio of over $2B and have led over 210 acquisitions. Our small team is a strong mix of technology, strategy, and transactional expertise. You will be joining a team who is focused on collaboration, communications, and productivity software. We will work closely with Cisco product teams in the Collaboration business unit as well as cross-functional leaders across the company.
Who You Are
Our Minimum Qualifications For The Role Are
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the technology industry with relevant experience in software, cloud, and/or big data markets
- Familiarity with a deal-oriented process and environment, along with some experience in product management, marketing, or engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with senior executives across various business units and global theaters
- Structured thinker with analytical and financial expertise to work on complex financial transactions with minimal supervision
Our Desired Skills Are
- MBA from a top school preferred, along with an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
If interested, please apply here.