The Corporate Development and Cisco Investments Group is seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate Development to drive and execute on Cisco’s M&A and investment strategy for the Enterprise Networking segment.
Your responsibilities include all aspects of corporate development, including but not limited to strategy development, project management for deal sourcing and deal execution, working with internal partners as well as external venture/financial advisory and other partners.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco has completed over 200 acquisitions and has invested in hundreds of companies across different segments. The Corporate Development and Investments team has unparalleled experience and visibility across the tech industry. This individual will work closely with Cisco product teams in the Enterprise Networking business unit as well as cross-functional leaders across the company.
Who You Are
You have outstanding experience in identifying new investment and acquisition opportunities, building the strategy and business case in close partnership with business unit leaders, leading all stages of acquisition and investment process and negotiating deal terms.
You are able to lead discussions and develop influence with executives both inside and outside the company and make decisions that have a high degree of strategic and financial impact.
Your Responsibilities will include
- Source investment and acquisition opportunities in relevant areas
- Develop market landscapes and overviews of startups and incumbent players and understand internal initiatives
- Understand market and technology trends and serve as a good partner to business unit teams
- Analyze investment and acquisition opportunities and identify key drivers and commercial assumptions
- Financially model various structures and expected returns
- Prepare and present investment and acquisition cases for review by key stakeholders
- Leading due diligence on investment and acquisition opportunities
- Structure and negotiate transactions
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role are
- 5+ years of experience in the enterprise infrastructure space (enterprise networking, data center, enterprise security) and experience in investment banking, venture capital or corporate development. Experience in Cloud and IoT is a plus
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Standout colleague with strong collaboration skills and influence
- Highly ambitious, hardworking and ability to thrive in fast changing environments
- Bachelors in EE or CS preferred
- MBA from a premier program
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
IF interested, please apply here.