It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday Ventures is the strategic capital arm of Workday, Inc., focused on accelerating the growth of emerging enterprise software companies that are valuable to Workday customers and complementary to Workday products. We leverage our global reach and deep customer relationships for the benefit of our portfolio companies.
This leader will identify, evaluate, and recommend investments for Workday Ventures.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop actionable investment theses in areas of strategic relevance to Workday Ventures in collaboration with the Managing Directors and Workday business leaders.
- Perform external market research and developing sector expertise to assist in identifying and sourcing new deals.
- Conduct due diligence, including initial evaluation, review of performance, and financial review.
- Communicate with founders, management teams, and other stakeholders, including attorneys and other VCs.
- Prepare Investment Memos.
- Coordinate legal and structure review and documentation for deal closing.
- Build ongoing relationships with potential investments.
- Develop and manage relationships with top VC firms to educate them on how Workday Ventures can help their portfolio companies scale and grow.
- Represent Workday Ventures at various venture capital, investment, and innovation conferences
- Develop internal relationships to support Workday Ventures as effective partners for evaluation of opportunities, including sharing information on trends, conferences, and companies.
- Prepare notable VC activity and Workday Ventures pipeline notes for the weekly Corp Dev. report.
The Person: Successful Candidate
- Intellectual Curiosity : This role requires an innate and insatiable intellectual curiosity about business, technology, and business models. Active and constant monitoring and engagement with the innovation ecosystem is essential.
- Action-Oriented: The ideal candidate will be a disciplined self-starter who thrives in entrepreneurial environments (yet, understands the dynamics of a large organization) and can manage multiple complex tasks to completion at the same time.
- Superb Communicator & Relentless Networker: The role requires a high level of communication, influence and interpersonal skills in order to network, navigate, negotiate, influence, and execute internally with cross-functional teams and externally with multiple stakeholders and partners. Written and visual communication skills are critical.
- Focused, Persuasive Decision Maker: Of paramount importance in this role is the ability to drive parties towards decisions, including participating actively with appropriate courage and candor to accelerate decision making. Clarity and precision in communication is important, tempered by openness and adaptability. This includes maintaining a rational view of specific opportunities and advocating for the development of a broad portfolio.
- Embraces Teamwork and Shared Success: This role operates in a small team environment with shared goals and shared success. Team members should strive to create a cohesive and positive working atmosphere and support each other to combine individual strengths to enhance team performance.
- Likes to Have Fun: It’s important to have a sense of humor. We like to laugh—it makes our work that much more enjoyable. We also invest in community and company events that help our employees and their families feel a connection to Workday beyond business as usual.
Education and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience, including experience in corporate venture, venture capital, private equity or investment banking
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and comprehension in accounting, and valuation
- Experience investing in, and understanding of, the enterprise software space preferred
- MBA preferred
IF interested, please apply here.