Salesforce Ventures (SFVC) is looking to hire an associate to join their investment team in San Francisco. Salesforce Ventures is one of the most active corporate venture capital firms with a portfolio of 200+ companies globally. The SFVC team looks to make investments in enterprise software companies that can help grow the Salesforce ecosystem – the primary responsibilities of the team include (i) identifying growth opportunities within new markets and new technology segments (ii) evaluating investments that leverage these opportunities (iii) managing investments from deal sourcing through to execution and post investment including portfolio management, and (iv) supporting companies with operational advice and resources.
- Help lead all aspects of deal execution including fundamental analysis on company’s operating performance, market diligence and competitive analysis, investment committee materials preparation, etc.
- Assist senior investing team in various aspects of the deal sourcing process.
- Actively work and build relationships with portfolio companies post investment through exposing them to the SFVC network, and helping advise on various strategic initiatives including preparation for an upcoming financing round, acquisition, etc.
- Monitor, research, and develop intelligence and investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies in the enterprise software ecosystem.
- Build and develop your network via relationships with venture capitalists, investment bankers, and entrepreneurs for potential investment opportunities.
- Build presentations on performance of Salesforce Ventures and our portfolio for various Salesforce senior stakeholders and the Board of Directors.
It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills. Intellectual curiosity and true passion for technology impacting enterprises is critical for success in this role.
Professional Experience / Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution.
- 2-3 years of experience or more, including substantive experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or venture capital firm.
- Solid business judgment and strategic thinking skills.
- An understanding of and demonstrated interest in enterprise software and emerging business technology trends.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work well under time pressure and juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment
If interested, please apply here.