Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in. In this role you will support the North America Qualcomm Ventures team in making and managing financially attractive investments for Qualcomm Ventures in North America. QC Ventures is the strategic venture capital arm of Qualcomm.
Please visit http://www.qualcommventures.com for further details on Qualcomm Ventures. The position will be based in SF Bay Area, preferably in San Francisco. A successful tenure in this role is very likely to lead to an Investment Manager position in two years, which will provide the ability to lead deals and take board seats.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
1) Researching new markets, identify key trends, and translate data into actionable insights
2) Supporting Qualcomm Ventures investment professionals in investigating new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence as well as formulating investment strategy materials and preparing materials for Qualcomm Ventures investment committee approval.
3) Supporting Qualcomm Ventures investment professionals in portfolio investments grow by monitoring investments, actively participating in board meetings, helping portfolio companies with their strategic and growth prospects to enhance their chances of success and establishing a stronger link between Qualcomm and portfolio companies when warranted.
Requires a minimum of 3 years professional technology industry work experience in roles that include product management, investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, private equity or corporate development
- Candidate must have proven analytical skills with experience in assessing businesses, technologies and business models
- Proven financial skills (analysis, modeling, valuation)
- Solid written and oral communications Self-driven and motivated with strong interpersonal skills Passion for new technologies
If interested, please apply here.