Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place-one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get To Do
The Senior Associate will participate in all aspects of the investment process – from sourcing deals, performing due diligence, to supporting portfolio companies. PVL is a lean and collaborative team, where the Senior Associate will work directly with the investment partners in these processes with a special focus on quantitative modeling & analysis. In addition, he/she will represent PVL in the broader venture and startup ecosystem.
- Market research and competitive analysis
- Financial review and valuation analysis
- Internal firm initiatives including reports and industry trends
- Reference checking on management and customers
- Proactive deal sourcing
What You’ll Bring
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or computer science from a reputable institution is strongly desired. An MBA is preferred, but not required. 2-5 years of previous work experience in financial/business analysis in strategy consulting, investment banking or a professional venture capital firm. The candidate should possess a strong understanding and comfort with information technology. In addition, perform due diligence such as research industry dynamics, analyze complex data sets to identify crucial financial and business information. Develop an independent, value-added perspective on investment discussions
Personal integrity, initiative, financial analysis skills, quantitative expertise, strong oral and written communication skills, a track record of success and the ability to work as an effective part of a diverse team are essential.
- Analytical ability to evaluate companies including their strengths and weaknesses.
- Must be able to understand and then explain complex issues to make a strong business and financial decision.
- Develop in-depth assessment of emerging industries with the aim to identify high potential investment opportunities.
- Assist portfolio companies with strategic and operational projects, including working directly with management teams to help implement industry best practices in a variety of areas (examples include organizational structure, employee compensation, financial reporting, sales execution, and product road mapping)
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and being part of new initiatives
- Excellent understanding of customers’ request and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent organization skills with solid attention to detail while working with simultaneous fast-paced projects
- 10% travel needed (if needed to visit and evaluate potential portfolio companies).
What We Offer
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive Benefits And Compensation Package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
If interested, please apply here.