Munich Re Ventures invests in and partners with innovative companies to develop growth opportunities for Munich Re, including its subsidiaries Hartford Steam Boiler and ERGO Group. Munich Re is the world’s largest reinsurance company, with a global platform spanning all aspects of primary insurance and reinsurance.
Munich Re Ventures is responsible for corporate venture capital activities that deliver both strategic and financial value through minority investments and business partnerships. Our current areas of focus include the Internet of Things, Cyber Security, InsurTech, Autonomous Vehicles/Mobility, AI, Digital Health and more. We are active investors who frequently lead rounds and our syndicate partners include top tier venture capital and corporate venture capital firms.
Internally, the team works hand-in-hand with leaders in the Businesses, Engineering, Product Development, Innovation & IT to develop and execute on investment and partnership strategies. Externally, the team works with venture capital firms, incubators / accelerators, universities, entrepreneurs, and other corporations to develop technologies, companies and management teams that help us to strategically grow and transform the business.
The Investment Senior Associate will participate in the end-to-end sourcing, negotiation and execution of deals, as well as post-close engagement in on-going relationships and on-going processes of the venture group. Will help to develop strategic investment themes, market landscaping and other research.
Partner with HSB Business Units:
* Partner internally with the Businesses, to understand and inform their strategy, evaluate specific opportunities, gain business sponsorship, and identify specific activities to deliver strategic value
* Assist in the development of strategic themes and actionable investment thesis in areas of strategic relevance to HSB and MunichRe, in collaboration with the Managing Director and Venture Advisory Board
Support the Identification of Strategic Investment Opportunities and Processes:
* Network externally to generate deal flow and relationships for HSB and MunichRe
* Assist in preliminary due diligence on specific opportunities to assess attractiveness and structure relationship
* Assist in preparation of review materials, updates and Investment Memos for MRV’s governing bodies, and the Investment Committee.
* Communicate successfully with entrepreneurs, management teams, syndicate partners, and other stakeholders, including attorneys, advisors, consultants, and Board Members
Support HSB’s Strategic Corporate Ventures Efforts:
* Manage deal tracking and reporting
* Conduct research on industry sectors, specific companies, and venture activity
* Represent Munich Re Ventures at various corporate venture capital, investment, and innovation conferences and topical industry events
Exhibit Leadership Effectiveness:
* Deliver results consistent with those identified within specific objectives
* Build, develop and implement plans and processes that lead to successful implementation and execution of key projects, initiatives and activities
*3+ years of experience, including 1+ years in venture capital
*MBA required, preferably combined with a degree in one of the investment themes mentioned
*Knowledge and fluency in emerging technology and business models in sectors relevant to HSB and MunichRe
*Strong Analytical Skills◦
*Superior verbal, written and visual communication skills
*Superior proactive networking and relationship development skills
*Proven teamwork skills both as a leader and cross-functional team member
*Self motivated with high initiative
*Willing to travel domestically and internationally 15-20% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
If interested, please apply here.