Mitsui Global Investment (MGI) is a VC arm of Mitsui & Co., Ltd, a global conglomerate headquartered in Tokyo, Japan that is focused on growth through trading, project/business development and investment with customers and partners across the world in a diverse range of fields. https://www.mitsui.com/jp/en/index.html
Having established its US business in 2001, MGI is uniquely positioned as a corporate VC that has access to Mitsui’s extensive network of global businesses. Building on 20+ years of experience investing in startups in a wide range of technologies, MGI is now looking to re-expand its US platform with a new strategy and new mandates.
We are looking for a few investment professionals who are passionate and motivated to be part of a growing team at an exciting time.
Your primary responsibilities:
– Source, evaluate and recommend investment opportunities to IC
– Provide input and advice on overall investment strategies and implementation plans
– Support the management of investments through their life-cycle and exit
– Identify business development opportunities between Mitsui and startups, working with key individuals at Mitsui
– 5-7 years of combined experience in financial services and/or general technology experience in venture capital or consulting
– Advance degree preferred
– Network of co-investors (seed/A) and entrepreneurs preferred
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing (Japanese language is not mandatory)
– Ability to work in a fluid, ambitious startup environment with a high degree of autonomy, self-motivation, and discipline
– Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, global team with diverse background
If interested, please apply here.