McKesson Ventures seeks a high performing 2019 MBA graduate to join our investment team. Join a team of experienced investors to help build and manage a strong portfolio of investments, as measured by both financial performance and strategic insight returns. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of healthcare experience, technical ability, internal drive and curiosity, and an overall commitment to further enhancing the strong culture of our tightly knit team.
- Investment due-diligence. Triage and evaluate pipeline of new investment prospects. Support investment diligence and transaction execution and prepare investment presentations for McKesson Ventures Investment Committee.
- Ambassador for McKesson Ventures. Build network of leading entrepreneurs and investors to source new investment opportunities. Leverage this network for due-diligence perspectives, syndicate partnerships and funding prospects for portfolio companies.
- Industry expert. Synthesize industry trends and develop investment theses and future target investment focal areas. Provide expert understanding of McKesson’s BU’s and strategic priorities and their relevance to new markets, innovative services and partnership opportunities with private companies. Become a trusted resource for McKesson BU Senior Leadership Teams about relevant and innovative private companies and venture trends.
- Analysis. Lead the preparation of periodic analyses and presentations for internal and external stakeholders and perform financial modeling to support investment decisions and portfolio management.
- Portfolio Development. Support Portfolio Development team in facilitating exploratory discussions with Portfolio Companies to maximize mutual benefit and partnership opportunities.
- At least 4 years of prior experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with prior experience in venture investing, investment banking or an operating role in a leading healthcare startup.
- Proven understanding of innovation trends impacting healthcare industry.
- Experience assessing venture stage companies, business plans and management teams.
- Demonstrated affinity for entrepreneurial ecosystem and lifecycles of early stage companies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to build excel models and review financial statements.
- Track record of building and nurturing business development relationships.
- Team player, with high emotional intelligence, integrity and humility.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- MBA , PhD, or J.D.
If interested, please apply here.