McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Location: Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA
Please Note: Healthcare experience is REQUIRED for this role.
Ventures Senior Associate
Join McKesson Ventures, one of the country’s leading healthcare corporate venture firms, and help us continue to expand our portfolio of successful, high profile healthcare technology and services companies. As a Senior Associate, you will play an integral role on the team by researching key markets, identifying new investment opportunities, supporting due diligence efforts, and identifying key market insights that support McKesson’s core strategic imperatives. We’re looking for an individual with the right mix of industry knowledge, strategic mindset, can-do attitude, and passion for the healthcare industry.
- Market Landscapes. Develop and update market landscapes for key investment areas. Identify and synthesize key trends, new market growth areas and potential investment opportunities. Monitor high priority companies for key milestones and follow up opportunities.
- Investment Support. Triage new investment opportunities, monitor companies in our investment pipeline and work with the team to coordinate outreach. Support investment diligence and transaction execution and prepare investment presentations for McKesson Ventures’ Investment Committee.
- Industry Insights. Synthesize complex industry trends. Understand McKesson’s strategic priorities/business unit imperatives and how they relate to the early stage healthcare companies we evaluate. Translate relevant trends from innovative private companies into relevant insights for the McKesson ecosystem.
- Internal/External Ambassador for McKesson Ventures. Author thought leadership perspectives for both internal and external audiences
- Presentations. Prepare presentations (e.g. McKesson Ventures overviews, industry insights) to internal McKesson stakeholders (e.g. corporate strategy, business unit teams, etc.).
- Proven understanding of dynamics and trends impacting the healthcare industry
- Collaborate with investment team to build, expand, and strengthen the network of health care entrepreneurs, innovators and/or investors
- Experience understanding and/or assessing venture stage companies, new business ideas and/or management teams
- Demonstrated appreciation and affinity for the entrepreneurial ecosystem and the operational challenges associated with high growth, venture stage businesses
- Understand and appreciate financial modeling, but also able to develop investment perspectives and recommendations based on limited financial information
- Track record of building and nurturing internal and external relationships
- Team player with high emotional intelligence, integrity, candor, and humility
- Start-up mentality – can-do attitude, able to prioritize, flexible, and hard workingEducation/Training
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor’s degree program, MBA preferred
- 4-8 years’ work experience in the healthcare field including venture capital, digital health startup (BD/Strategy/Commercial), investment banking and/or strategy consultingMust be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
If interested, please apply here.