We are looking to hire a Senior Associate or Principal to join our venture capital investment team. The role will focus on data-driven healthcare including digital health, neuro-technology, synthetic biology, surgical robotics, and computational biology. In this partner-track opportunity, the candidate will be an integral part of the firm and will play a key role in creating investment roadmaps, sourcing startup investment opportunities, conducting due-diligence, and managing portfolio companies.
- Ideal candidates will have 2-4 years of work experience in the healthcare, pharmaceuticals or biotechnology industries, venture capital investing in the life sciences space, or a related investment analysis or operations background.
- Life sciences background and/or graduate degree is strongly preferred. Publications or original research is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret original life sciences and/or medical research, data, and publications is relevant, as is experience engaging with pharmas, payors, physicians, and scientists.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and technical or scientific information cogently and informatively.
- Familiarity with business models associated with healthcare and biotechnology.
- Strong communication, analytical, and strategic reasoning skills.
- An informed and specific view on technology trends in the life sciences and healthcare spaces with an eye towards market and investment dynamics.
- A strong interest in startups and empathy for startup founders.
About 11.2 Capital
11.2 Capital is an early-stage venture capital fund based in San Francisco, California. In the field of astrophysics, 11.2 km/s is the escape velocity from Earth’s gravity. We invest in founders solving the biggest challenges facing our world. We focus on emerging technologies such as AI, cybersecurity, robotics, new space, and data-driven healthcare. Some of our investments include White Ops, Cruise Automation ($1B sale to GM), Ginkgo Bioworks ($4.2B valuation), Forter, Hinge Health, Aeva, Covariant AI, and Anyscale.
If interested, please apply here.