We are looking to hire a Senior Associate or Principal to join our venture capital investment team. The role will focus on enterprise software investments based on deep technical insights in the fields of cybersecurity, cloud computing, open-source technologies, ML/AI, data science, and others. In this partner-track opportunity, the candidate will be an integral part of the firm and will play a key role in creating investment roadmaps, sourcing startup investment opportunities, conducting due-diligence, and managing portfolio companies.
- Ideal candidates will have 2-6 years of work experience in venture capital investing in enterprise software (cybersecurity, cloud computing, open source technologies, AI, data science), or a related operations background.
- Computer science, software engineering, or related software background is Required. Publications or original research are a plus or prior work as a software developer.
- Ability to read and interpret original computer science research, data, and publications is relevant.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and technical or scientific information clearly and informatively.
- Familiarity with enterprise software business models including SaaS, open source.
- An informed and specific view on technology trends in the enterprise software space with an eye towards market and investment dynamics.
- Strong communication, analytical, and strategic reasoning skills.
- A strong interest in startups and empathy for startup founders.
About 11.2 Capital
11.2 Capital is an early-stage venture capital fund based in San Francisco, California. In the field of astrophysics, 11.2 km/s is the escape velocity from Earth’s gravity. We invest in founders solving the biggest challenges facing our world. We focus on emerging technologies such as AI, cybersecurity, robotics, new space, and data-driven healthcare. Some of our investments include White Ops, Cruise Automation ($1B sale to GM), Ginkgo Bioworks ($4.2B valuation), Forter, Hinge Health, Aeva, Covariant AI, and Anyscale.
Please email Jonathan@112capital.com with a CV/resume and a statement of interest.