SJF Ventures is an expansion-stage venture capital firm that seeks superior financial returns by investing in high-growth companies generating positive social and environmental impacts. The firm has been at the forefront of impact investing since 1999, driven by a mission to create a healthier, smarter and cleaner future.
SJF is seeking a senior analyst or associate. This position is suited for talented and experienced individuals who are eager to develop skills in venture capital and impact investing. SJF promotes a horizontal culture in which individuals at all levels are integrated into the venture capital process.
- Identifying investment prospects through research and networking at industry events, reviewing company presentations, performing due diligence on prospect companies, researching industries and competitors, and building and reviewing financial models.
- Supporting portfolio companies in business development and strategy, financing, recruitment, exit events, and impact acceleration initiatives.
- Supporting SJF’s operational activities including marketing and fund administration.
- Engaging with the SJF investment team to provide new ideas and perspectives on identifying and supporting promising impact businesses.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, which have been demonstrated through work and/or academic accomplishments.
- Demonstrated interest in venture capital and impact investing.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- At least two years of work experience in a relevant field, including venture capital, private equity, investment banking, entrepreneurship, management consulting or operating companies. Operating experience in one of SJF’s investment sectors a plus, but not required. Graduate school degree not required.
- Financial modeling skills.
- Background and experience that enhance diversity of perspectives at SJF Ventures.
- Interest in developing impact venture capital skills rapidly in a position that is designed to last two to three years. (Longer-term roles may be considered based on circumstances at the time.
Location: San Francisco, New York or Durham, North Carolina
How to Apply: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume via SJF’s Workable page: https://sjf-ventures.workable.