SJF is seeking a senior analyst. This position is suited for talented and experienced individuals who are eager to develop skills in venture capital and impact investing. SJF promotes a horizontal culture in which individuals at all levels are integrated into the venture capital process.
The individual will be located in San Francisco Bay Area office and will work with SJF team members across multiple offices. Representative responsibilities will include:
– Identifying investment prospects through networking and research.
– Performing due diligence on prospect companies, including reviewing company presentations, researching industries and competitors, and building and reviewing financial models.
– Supporting portfolio companies in business development and strategy, financing, recruitment, exit events and impact acceleration initiatives.
– Supporting SJF’s operational activities, including marketing and fund administration.
– Interest in networking to source potential investment opportunities.
– Exceptional analytical abilities, which have been demonstrated through work and/or academic accomplishments.
– Initiative and ability to work independently.
– Experience in a relevant field, including venture capital, private equity, investment banking, entrepreneurship, management consulting or operating companies. Graduate school degree not required.
– Financial modeling skills.
– Background and experience that enhance diversity of perspectives at SJF Ventures.
– Interest in developing impact venture capital skills rapidly in a position that is designed to last two to three years. (Longer-term roles may be considered based on circumstances at the time.)
For more information about the role and to apply, visit the position’s Workable page. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume.