The Corporate Strategy function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. We are responsible for developing Gap Inc.’s overall strategy, identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities, and driving customer-centric initiatives across our stores and digital channels. The broader Corporate Strategy group houses four specific teams and functions: traditional Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development and Innovation, Pricing, and Consumer Insights.
The summation of the four pillars report to the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy, and provides strategic support to our CEO and Leadership Team. We partner with the C-level and Brand Presidents, as well as other strategy leaders across the company.
As a Senior Analyst of Corporate Development and Innovation, you will be responsible for driving inorganic and organic initiatives to advance our priorities and supercharge growth. You will be part of the team that defines our Corporate Development strategy and priorities, develops a pipeline of opportunities (including startup partnerships, broader strategic partnerships, and M&A), and oversees the investment or acquisition processes (including financial modeling, due diligence, negotiations, and post-merger integration). By doing so, you will help drive long-term value creation for Gap Inc.
- Define and socialize Gap Inc.’s Corporate Development strategy and priorities, based on customer and competitor insights, technology trend assessments, and Gap Inc.’s overall positioning and strategy
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities across brands and capabilities (including startup partnerships, broader strategic partnerships, and M&A)
- Assist in the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities, financing and other strategic transactions (including analysis of strategic fit, financial modeling, due diligence, valuation, negotiation, and execution)
- Work with cross-functional teams within Gap Inc. and at external companies to ensure execution of their respective M&A integration plans
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners across Gap Inc., ensuring alignment of strategic priorities across organic and inorganic initiatives
- 2-3 years of professional work experience, preferably with some experience in apparel retail
- Experience in private equity, investment banking, corporate development, strategy consulting, or late-stage venture capital
- M&A background preferred, with experience in strategic and creative thinking, due diligence, modeling, negotiating, closing transactions and post-merger integration activities
- Experience in new opportunity identification, sizing, investment allocation and prioritization
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and team player
- Comfort with analytical and financial modeling, ability to work with large / complex data sources, and deep understanding of how to link strategy to implementation / financial plans
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans