We call our club’s vision, mission, values, and supporting pillars “Our House” because they are the foundation for all that we do. We’re working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
Located in downtown Berkeley, A3Ventures is the innovation lab and capital investment engine of AAA. We anticipate needs and shape innovations to help people make sense of our rapidly changing world.
A3Ventures is currently seeking a Senior Analyst to join the Corporate Venture Capital and Acquisitions team. The ideal candidate will support A3Ventures’ acquisition group develop an understanding of inorganic growth opportunities for AAA and develop an acquisitions strategy that combines AAA strengths with these target companies. This individual will assist with writing investment theses that align the strengths of AAA with acquisition opportunities in the outside market. They will then collaborate on search initiatives to identify potential acquisition targets. To do this, they will work with brokers, bankers, and leverage outbound outreach coupled with AAA’s internal resources to help source/identify opportunities. Following target identification, this role encompasses comprehensive management of the due diligence process, including financial model development (discounted cash flow, comparable and precedent transactions), operational diligence, legal diligence, integration analysis, etc. This candidate will be responsible for helping opportunities move through the pipeline to closing. Additionally, the candidate will assist with management of AAA’s existing Venture Capital portfolio.
- Produce research that refines AAA’s acquisitions strategy in key focus areas including the creation of market landscapes and research documents analyzing target markets
- Develop investment theses based on these market landscapes and AAA’s competitive advantages
- Assist in sourcing deals using internal efforts as well as advisory services
- Lead industry, business and financial analysis and due diligence of companies of interest. This includes executing a comprehensive diligence process utilizing legal counsel, industry experts, bankers, brokers, accountants, and AAA stakeholders with strong attention to detail, and drive to completion
- Analyze target companies, and how they might align with AAA’s strategic plans, including: synergy analysis, financial modeling and valuation assessment
- Contribute to sourcing process that identifies high-quality potential acquisition targets by developing top-down and bottoms-up industry analysis
- Present acquisition recommendations and supporting materials to internal stakeholders and/or AAA MWG investment committee
- Contribute to lead/deal database and acquisition tracking processes
- Write internal industry/sector research that provide market updates (M&A activity, pertinent trends, etc.)
Knowledge And Skills
- 5+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, M&A, venture capital or valuation
- Strong financial modeling experience (DCF, LBO, etc.), with an emphasis on valuation methodologies
- Strong interest in the insurance, auto repair, home security, travel, home maintenance/home services markets, including keeping abreast of the latest trends and technologies in those spaces
- Proven ability to think strategically about industries, markets, competitive landscapes
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proficiency with corporate financial statements and GAAP accounting
- Proven ability to work independently, while managing multiple projects, often under tight deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to succinctly distill a large quantity of information and financial analysis for executive consumption
- Team player possessing a strong drive to add value
- Results focused individual with the ability to execute
- Familiarity with AAA products and procedures preferred
- MBA, CFA or equivalent experience preferred
- BA/BS from an accredited University
- Primarily office job location
- Up to 30% travel for conference, meetings, etc
If interested, please apply here.