DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Corporate Development team partners closely with cross-functional leaders to drive corporate and strategic initiatives, analyze market activity and competitive dynamics, and source, evaluate, execute and integrate M&A and strategic partnership opportunities. We seek exceptional candidates who are highly motivated, have a track record of academic and professional success, are driven to succeed and have enthusiasm and passion for the Agreement Cloud Vision.
This position will work closely with senior executives to inform and accelerate critical aspects of Docusign’s Agreement Cloud strategy. The role will work in close partnership with cross functional stakeholders to identify and evaluate inorganic growth opportunities and catalyze action against these opportunities by sourcing and executing acquisitions and investments. Given the cross functional nature of this role it requires an exceptional leader with the ability to partner and influence at the highest levels of the organization while also navigating project teams toward the successful execution and integration of deals.
This position reports to the Vice President, Corporate Development.
- Deliver insightful analyses of market opportunities & drive valuation and strategic analyses of opportunities for Docusign
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and assist in building relationships with key players in the industry
- Lead acquisitions – including due diligence, deal negotiations and integration for M&A. This includes coordinating a multitude of internal teams in the evaluation of technical employees, technology solutions and other product diligence
- Assist post-acquisition integration program management team by ensuring that cross-functional teams are all executing on their respective M&A integration plans
- Build effective relationships with colleagues from across the organization
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 8 years of experience of work experience that includes experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, private equity/venture capital firm or Corporate Development at a technology company.
- Investment bank or investing experience preferably in consumer Internet and/or software
- Demonstrated passion for technology through work experience or non-work activities
- Experience working with large data sets and using practical statistical analyses
- Ability to formulate insights around complex business problems
- Exceptional aptitude for creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills & executive presence: able to articulately present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Strong personal initiative, excellent judgment and sense of humor
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment: a highly proactive self-starter
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- MBA preferred
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
IF interested, please apply here.