This role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in the US; with a preference of Palo Alto, CA, and Boston MA where other team members currently work.
Senior Associate, Corporate Development
VMware is seeking a Senior Associate, Corporate Development to join its Corporate Development team at its global headquarters in Palo Alto, CA. The position offers the opportunity to join a team addressing key strategic areas of growth for VMware via inorganic business development. The team provides an excellent platform for strategy and corporate investment professionals to play a prominent role in shaping the future of one of the most exciting companies in the software technology landscape. The Corporate Development team is a small, core group of professionals who help plan and develop strategic plans of record, address key cross-business unit strategic questions, and analyze and execute on acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships to help the company realize its growth goals. As a key member of this team, the Senior Associate will report to a Sr. Director of Corporate Development and support the team in research and analysis.
- Working closely with business leaders and senior executives to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate VMware’s mission
- Support deal leads through the end-to-end M&A deal execution, including business case development, financial modeling, deal negotiation, due diligence, and integration planning
- Analyze company financial statements, create pro-forma financial models, and conduct valuation analysis
- Lead comprehensive due diligence process; coordinate extensively with various internal and external business groups; evaluate product, go-to-market, and cultural fit of the targets
- Work with legal team in creating transaction documents (e.g. term sheets and definitive agreements)
- Research multiple sources for company, industry, and market information; proactively identify and develop new strategic opportunities; assist in sourcing and evaluation of inorganic opportunities
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate must be a self-driven individual and team performer with exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, or venture capital
- Sophisticated financial statement analysis, valuation and modeling skills strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills critical; ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business leaders, corporate functions (e.g., Legal, HR, Finance) and external partners (e.g., investment bankers, VCs, startups)
- Passionate about tech; ability to learn industry/technology/product knowledge fast
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibility over time
- Undergraduate degree with strong record of academic achievement; MBA is a plus, but not required
Flexible: The role is considered flexible and will be a mix of working from a local VMware office and remote depending on your preferences and the arrangements determined with your future manager. You will be expected to live within a reasonable non-daily commute of the office.
VMware benefits and perks:
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting http://www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
This job description is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VM
This job may require the candidate to comply with travel restrictions and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Business Development
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-04-06
IF interested, please apply here.