Scrum Ventures is seeking a Managing Director to head up a new retail technology program, which will connect startups, mentors, investors, and corporations around the newest innovations in retail technology.
Read more about current Scrum Studio projects here: https://scrum.vc/studio/ ( https://scrum.vc/studio/ )
- Work with leadership team to set strategic goals for the new retail technology program.
- Strategy consulting on innovation with large corporations at the executive level.
- Plan and execute on the retail technology program based on higher level strategic goals.
- Hire and manage a cross-cultural team to operate successful programs within budget.
- Build and maintain a network of mentors to support the retail technology program and its startups.
- Recruit and select quality companies that meet the goals of the retail technology program and its corporate partners.
- Communicate progress of the project internally and to corporate partners.
- Active involvement in all Scrum Studio activities through strategic guidance, sales, and support of alumni companies.
- Support investment activities of investment team through deal sourcing, evaluation, and support of portfolio companies.
- Passion for and 5+ years experience around retail technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital.
- Strong leadership and project management skills (goal-setting, organization, implementation, reporting).
- Entrepreneurial drive (comfortable with minimal direction and high expectations)
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- “Founder-first” mentality.
- Understanding of global retail environment, including countries such as Japan, is desirable.
- Experience supporting startups professionally through investment or mentoring activities is desirable.
- Operational experience as founder or early employee at high-growth startups is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge is desirable.
- Compensation is market competitive.
- This position will work out of our San Francisco office.
If interested, please apply here.