Nium is a next-generation financial services platform that enables companies around the world to unlock new revenue opportunities and improve cash flow economics.
Nium is a leader in its geographical and payment service breadth, owning licenses in the world’s largest and fastest-growing economies. Our modular platform allows banks, payment providers, travel companies, and other businesses to collect and disburse funds in local currencies to over 100 countries, plus issue physical and virtual cards globally. Our proprietary set of APIs embeds financial services and can bring to life multiple B2B and B2C use cases in a matter of weeks.
Nium is part of CB Insights Fintech 250, which highlights the most promising Fintech companies globally. Today, Nium serves over 130 million customers and enables platforms to provide access to financial services to over 3 billion people across the world.
Where do you come into the picture?
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the Corporate Development team at Nium. The Director will be an important part of a small, collaborative, and global group focused on M&A activities, fundraising and investors relations, and is central to the wider strategic efforts at Nium. The team manages sourcing and executing acquisitions and informing our strategy by identifying industry trends and maintaining external relationships. You will also contribute to a broad array of projects for the team, including global market analysis, transaction execution, integration, board relations and strategy development. The role reports to the Head of Corporate Development and preferred location is in the San Francisco Bay Area, but also flexible to be remote in the US.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
You will –
- Collaborate with senior executives and product leads to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Nium’s roadmap
- Help develop the M&A deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Conduct and / or lead key qualitative (e.g., inorganic strategy development, competitive landscaping, industry analyses, etc.) and quantitative (valuation, business case modeling) analyses to provide detailed insight into potential acquisitions and other strategic opportunities
- Support and drive deal negotiation, including cross-functional coordination of engineering, product, legal, and other streams to evaluate targets
- Drive other strategic projects such as investor relations, board material preparation, etc
- Mentor and support junior deal team members who assist with sourcing/market research, financial modeling and diligence
- 7-10+years of relevant work experience, including corporate development, venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, or investment banking
- Ability to manage complex processes from start to finish
- Expertise with driving projects cross-functionally, synthesize feedback, develop an agreement, and create structure
- Experience with financial services /fintech preferred but not required
- Some international work experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Home Office setup allowance
- Training & Development
- 24×7 Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Parental and Family leave
- Year-end leaves
If interested, please apply here.