This position is based in San Francisco or Mountain View, CA and reports to Vice President of Corporate & Business Development.
Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online. We create products and technologies and champion open standards that give people more choice and control over their online lives. You’ll join a team of Corporate & Business Development leaders who are driven to impact the future of the internet and the billions of people online.
The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical skills and a strategic deal-transaction background. You have a solid understanding of market dynamics and trends, a healthy dose of curiosity and thrive on new challenges. You are passionate about innovation and Mozilla’s mission. You are a technophile with a personal passion for (and are an early adopter of) emerging consumer technologies.
You are strategic, proactive and results driven. You are self-motivated and have an adaptable work style coupled with strong project management skills and attention to detail. You are a strong negotiator, stellar communicator and polished presenter with experience synthesizing information into business recommendations and driving cross-functional teams and executives to decisions.
What You’ll Do/Responsibilities
- You will play a key role in developing strategy, processes and tools for cross-functional teams that further Mozilla’s mission through buy, build or partner in support of strategic initiatives.
- Be responsible for deal flow pipeline by identifying appropriate opportunities that support strategic business priorities with senior business leaders, investment bankers, venture capitalists, and organic pipeline generation.
- Identify creative market and product opportunities to further Mozilla’s impact in the world through strategic investments and acquisitions, and evaluate synergy opportunities and risk potentials with identified targets.
- Develop and manage process for strategic investments and acquisitions, including identifying and pre-screening targets, conducting valuation analysis, pre-transaction due diligence, creation of strategic presentations and recommendations, developing acquisition term sheets, contract negotiations, deal execution, post-acquisition integration process and performance evaluation.
- Ensure rigorous and consistent framework and analysis across all strategic opportunities
- Build relationships for Mozilla internally (with cross-functional teams including execs, product, engineering, legal, finance, BD, etc.) and externally (with venture capital firms, investors, startup ecosystem and industry experts) through personal contacts, event networking, cold outreach and industry research.
- Be an expert on regional markets, industry trends, tech sectors, competitive landscape, internal product development efforts to leverage into potential buy, build or partner opportunities
- Track and report on emerging trends, new business models and investment opportunities
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant transactional experience in corporate development, M&A and/or private equity
- Experience in consumer, mobile and emerging technology
- Proven leadership skills driving cross-functional teams and influencing executives in strategic decision-making process
- Experience managing deals with excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including experience building financial models and valuing companies
- Proven track record of identifying growth opportunities and mitigating risks to drive deals from inception to completion.
- Strong negotiator, stellar communicator and polished presenter
- Demonstrated ability think critically about business models and operational requirements and can garner support and consensus across an organization.
- Product marketing or product management experience or engineering/computer science degree a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested, please apply here.