By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in management consulting, technology-focused corporate strategy function, corporate development, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking in the technology industry.
- Experience with managing merger and acquisition processes (e.g., acquisitions, investments, divestitures, etc.), including product strategy to ecosystem landscaping and discussions.
- Experience with managing cross-functional teams and navigating complex communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in the technology/internet business sector.
- Ability to manage manage and balance multiple projects at once.
- Excellent business acumen, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent modeling, analytical, and communication skills.
About the job
As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is – and what could be.
As a Corporate Development Manager, you will focus on helping accelerate Alphabet’s inorganic growth through identifying and executing on strategic acquisitions and investments for the company across existing and future markets. You will be dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. You will drive team decisions, lead discussions, and help run post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Partner closely with Google’s business areas to understand product strategy and where/how inorganic opportunities can help accelerate our growth.
- Stay close to the ecosystem to understand the participants and landscape. Provide insights to Google leadership to drive decision-making.
- Work collaboratively across functions to identify, evaluate, and discuss both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams, influence decision making within executive-level audiences, and drive management team decisions.
- Lead execution against recommendations quickly and with accuracy. Communicate and share insights among the Corporate Development team and with product and business stakeholders.
If interested, please apply here.