Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
The Corporate Development team’s mission is to advance implementation of Waymo’s corporate strategy and technological strength through a combination of knowledge transfer, inorganic investments, acquisitions, partnerships and other transaction types. Keeping its finger on the pulse of the automotive and technology ecosystems, the team identifies targets, creates financial models, conducts/orchestrates due diligence activities and leads or supports the execution of a variety of transaction types to optimize Waymo’s financial and deal objectives.
In This Role, You’ll
- Lead and support activities across the deal lifecycle including identification and evaluation of targets, financial modeling and pro forma financial statement development, business valuation, due diligence, negotiations, deal structuring, execution, and post-close integration/monitoring; attend conferences and industry events to identify inorganic opportunities, develop relationships, and understand market activities / trends
- Partner with the business and technology functions to identify areas of inorganic growth and/or focus as well as vetting new opportunities, determine disposition actions, and log and monitor deals flagged for ongoing review. Additionally, you will build and maintain relationships across Alphabet and the automotive and technology ecosystem
- Orchestrate cross-functional reviews and due diligence activities within Waymo, with Alphabet, and with third-party providers, as required. You will also prepare investment memos and executive presentations for various internal and Alphabet meetings
- Support the active management of Waymo investments; monitor and report on investment performance
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal, and business function leadership to design, manage, and continuously improve the capabilities, processes, governance, and communications of the corporate development function within Waymo
- Design, build, and present ad hoc analyses and financial models on various corporate finance and contractual matters. Financial analyses may include complex modeling of capitalization structures, lease/buy/financing reviews of various assets of the business, strategic and business model scenarios, and other corporate finance projects
At a Minimum We’d Like You To Have
- 3-5+ years of experience in: Investment Banking, Private/Growth Equity, Corporate/Business Development, Consulting, Venture Capital, Hedge Fund, Corporate Finance and a BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Strong financial modeling and data analytics skills; a deep interest in analyzing data with the ability to distill trends and provide principled recommendations and a strong command of accounting and financial statement analysis as it relates to company analysis, valuation, and due diligence activities
- Familiarity and experience with the buy-side/investment deal lifecycle: strategy and scouting, due diligence and valuation, deal structuring, execution, and integration; sell-side deals, carve-outs, and other unique structuring/restructuring arrangements
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills and strong executive presence with an ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision-making; ability to prioritize assignments, operate in ambiguous situations, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growth-oriented company
- Ability to identify/address integration, financial consolidation and reporting, sales, marketing and legal ramifications of transactions; understanding of capital markets, economics, and corporate finance topics
- Experience using CapIQ or Pitchbook database and research platforms and an ability to travel frequently and as required for success in the role
It’s Preferred If You Have
- Familiarity and experience with a wide range of transaction types and ability to evaluate the benefits and risks of different transaction types and deal structures
- Familiarity with sell-side deals, carve-outs, and other unique structuring/restructuring arrangements
- Advanced financial modeling, research and quantitative analysis skills
If interested, please apply here.