The Corporate Development Associate will:
- Support deal leads in the inorganic growth opportunities for PayPal globally – from idea to business case to deal execution and post-deal integration – taking a holistic, cross-functional approach.
- Assist in all aspects of the deal, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities.
- Coordinate a cross-functional deal team within PayPal as well as serve as a point of contact to target company management.
- Ambitiously identify and qualify new ideas & companies for PayPal from internal & external sources.
- 2-4 years in Corporate Development, Private Equity, Venture Capital or Investment Banking
- Undergraduate degree from top-rated university, or similar level of experience and skills
- Experience in a deal environment as well as an operational one where people leadership was required
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker – knows what’s best for the business
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working with executives; a sophisticated and well-connected, worldly businessperson
- Team player, pro-active and action-oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
Job_Description_Summary: We are seeking a high energy and innovative professional to join our Corporate Development Group. The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the senior executive team as well as all other PayPal staff levels and external stakeholders, globally.
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If interested, please apply here.