- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, management consulting, and/or venture capital/private equity in the technology industry.
- Experience building financial models and valuing companies.
- Internet, communications, e-commerce, and/or cloud experience.
- Knowledge of Google products.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, business judgment, and work ethic.
About the job
The Corporate Development team holds the reins to much of our worldwide growth. As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify and evaluate both acquisition and investment opportunities. You provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You understand the industry landscape and harness it to manage our deals and integration. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is — and what could be.
As a Corporate Development Associate, you’ll work collaboratively with the Product, Legal, Finance, and Human Resources teams to identify and evaluate investment opportunities. You will also work closely with management and provide them with the insight to drive strategic decision-making. You’ll use your quantitative and strategic thinking skills to identify new opportunities within the industry.
The Corporate Development team drives Google’s worldwide growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets – and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders, investment professionals, scouting and strategy specialists, and integration experts, we’re dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We drive team decisions, lead negotiations, and help run post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Identify, evaluate, and value strategic investment opportunities.
- Drive management team decisions and interface with Google Product and Engineering teams.
- Lead agreement negotiations and strategic execution.
- Support investment portfolio management.
If interested, please apply here.