Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for an Associate-level role within our Corporate Development Group.
Andreessen Horowitz is a $7.5 billion venture capital firm focused on software investments. The firm backs startups of all stages and its investments include Affirm, Airbnb, Apeel, Buzzfeed, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, DigitalOcean, Freenome, GitHub, Instacart, Lime, Lyft, Okta, PagerDuty, Pinterest, Shield.ai, Slack, Tanium, TransferWise, and Yubico.
The Associate will be responsible for: (i) team and cross-functional operations; (ii) deal execution assistance for our portfolio companies including capital raising and strategic transactions; and (iii) market analysis.
The primary function of this role is to provide real and sustained value to: (i) immediate peers in the Corporate Development group; (ii) the broader firm, through cross-functional collaboration; and (iii) the Firm’s portfolio companies.
- Assist in coordinating and maintaining relationships with external service providers (legal, accounting, investment banking, consulting, value added services, etc.)
- Conduct primary research in coordination with other internal operating groups
- Create and manage models/dashboards that deliver key insights on industry developments and trends
- Support ad-hoc projects related to the Firm’s priorities and initiatives
2. Deal Execution
- Perform valuation analyses for investment and M&A execution
- Assist the Firm’s portfolio companies with equity and debt capital raising
- Assist in the coordination and execution of strategic processes and portfolio analysis
- Create presentation materials for internal and external audiences for both the group and the Firm’s portfolio companies
3. Market Analysis
- Perform comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Create and maintain market maps for strategic and financial targets
- Demonstrated personal, professional and educational achievement
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a technical field from a top undergraduate institution
- 2+ years of experience in a technology coverage group or M&A at a top investment bank
- Experience in modeling and data and analytics tools
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects
- Positive attitude, good instincts and sharp focus
If interested, please apply here.